Sunday, May 20, 2007

This time next month we'll be here . . .


Getting pretty excited at this point! We're in the process of shipping gear out to the East coast and working on storing things we won't need while we are away. There is still a lot of work and much to get in order. This morning after Emily's sleepover birthday party (a great time was had by all) I was studying up on how to receive weatherfax data via radio and view it on the computer. I haven't gotten far enough along yet to actually see a weatherfax. Basically I have found a schedule of transmission times and I'm working on receiving the broadcasts. Hopefully with a trip to Radio Shack I'll be able to connect the radio to the laptop and do a test of actually getting a broadcast recorded and decoded for viewing. Along with this post I'm trying out a test of publishing chart information to the blog. The attached picture is a screen capture of a chart displaying the current location of the boat in Noank, CT. By this time next month we'll hopefully be provisioned and on our way to Block Island, RI!!

In addition to the chart photo and boat stuff I better make sure to get a photo up of the birthday girl. Here she is getting ready to blow out all of those candles out! Eight candles!! Can't believe we're already that far along.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great photo of Emily!
a~