Thursday, February 21, 2008

Reports from the Field: Black Point Settlement All-Age School

The kids had a special opportunity to attend both a field day and classes at the Black Point Settlement All-Age School recently. Here are their thoughts on the experience...

EMILY...
Hi, it’s Emily, and this is my story about Black Point Settlement All Age School where I went to school yesterday. The kids were in green and yellow uniforms. The girls were in green dresses with yellow shirts. The boys were in green pants, green ties and yellow colord shirts. The teacher was in brown and black clothes.

Before I tell you any more, this was our speshil (special) trip last week to the school field day at Black Point. I took it easy on the long jump first time one foot and 2nd time 2 feet, then I went to play. I have to say Bridlemile’s Field Days are much more ogonisde (organized).

The class rooms were very nice and there is only three. Here are the ways my school is the same and different from Black Poit.

Common
Fun
Kids are nice
They have computers

Difrint
Not so ogonisde (organized) as Bridlemile
Phicilitys are not that good as Bridlemile
They can pray for god at school

JAKE...
Hi, it’s Jake. Today I went to Black Point School. We did it from 9:00 am to 10:30 am just for an experience. I liked the school, but not as much as Bridlemile because Bridlemile is the best. At Black Point we learned something in the Bible about Zaccaus. This is what they call social studies.

Now more about why Bridlemile is the best. Bridlemile is the best because of that it is very clean and nice. Plus it does not have a rocky field and the games are funner and not dicorganized on field day. Inside the school at Black Point is nice and clean like Bridlemile but there are only three classes. Also, the boys have to wear ties. Bridlemile and Black Point are common because everyone does there best and also they have fun and have a nice principal.

DREW...
Drew has focused his latest field report on spear fishing, but like Jake and Emily, he attended school and field day at Black Point All Age School earlier this week. He will be writing about that experience soon, but after catching his first really big lobster yesterday, his mind was on fishing.... like father, like son!

When I went spear fishing yesterday, I caught a big lobster. My dad dropped me and my friends off on a beach so we could walk to the ocean side of the island. He did this so there would not be so much weight in the dinghy and it could reach a plane during the trip around the point of Guana Cay. From the ocean side beach, we got in and motored to a coral reef and anchored the dingy in the sands. We put on our gear and dove overboard. Then we split up in to 3 groups. As we went along snorkeling, I spotted a very big lobster in a hole. I snuck up on it and shot it right in the back. That was the first big lobster I shot on the trip. It was very very exciting to catch it!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh, my darling students! Miss Good gave me your website and I have really enjoyed reading your blog. Great descriptive writing. Keep up the great work.

I have to tell you that a parent promised to get your website address for me at the family picnic. I've been longing to find you. Then, the "girls" told me Miss Good had the information. We all went on the website in the library, after school last friday, and read your blog. When I kicked the "girls" out they sent you a post that didn't make much sense. I meant to write to say that wasn't me!

Bridlemile will still be here when you get back. You are missed but I must admit I envy your adventure. I was excited at catching crawdads at Timothy Lake and Drew is out there spearing lobsters!

The pictures warm my heart. You all look so healthy and happy. I will continue to read through this blog and send you notes. Check out the library website. Fourth and Fifth Grade Booktalks will be posted there for you to watch.

You have remained in my heart and thoughts. Continue to take care, but savor the adventures that will bring great riches to you for the rest of your life.

Sincerely,
Ms. Mac

bridlemile.wordpress.com